Monday 15 April 2013

4-2; Trading Day Overshadowed by Explosions in Boston

Firstly, I must express my deepest sympathy to the people that perished and those that have been adversely affected by injury as a result of the explosions in Boston earlier today. My sympathy is also extended to the family of those individuals. May peace be brought to the souls of all lost and to their families and loved ones.

Coming in today, I didn't know what to expect. I wanted to get off to a good start; realizing that losses are inevitable in this game. SPY gapped lower this morning, so my trade bias was to SHORT the market. I took on 6 trades today; I won on four, and lost on  two. The market got really choppy  shortly after 12p.m., so I didn't really get to take advantage of the nice down move-maybe it was the stocks I traded!!! Nobody could have predicted the news that came out of Boston around 3p.m.; which helped to lead the market lower. Nonetheless, here are the results:




  









Hindsight is 20/20. I would've stayed in if I knew the market would push lower. Nobody knows what will be the next move on the right side of the chart...

Until tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment