Tuesday 9 April 2013

TGIES-Thank God Its Earnings Season!!!

Just a quick post here. I made this status update on Linkedin a few minutes ago: What the hell is FSLR on?? It is said that you do not cry or worry about trades that you missed or passed on, but what the heck??? Trading in FSLR was halted around 1:55 today as volume surged around 36%.




I wanted to trade it earlier around 27.95, but I was in a trade already (using the capital).  I lost on that trade btw!!! Around 1:45,  I felt the urge to check on FSLR and WHAM!!! I could've also gotten in for a quick $1.20, but I was frozen in amazement and disbelief. I'm slightly bummed, because I'm crying over something I didn't even trade today.

Here's the story behind this major move:

First Solar shares smoking on ’13 guidance

MarketWatch
April 9, 2013, 2:02 PM
Shares of First Solar Inc. FSLR +36.80%  rallied so much on Tuesday they triggered a Nasdaq circuit breaker and trading was halted.
The reason? The company issued optimistic 2013 guidance, calling for full-year diluted earnings between $4 and $4.50 a share and net sales of $3.8 billion and $4 billion. Operating income should be between $430 million and $460 million, the company said in a statement.
Analysts had expected the solar panel systems provider earn $3.60 a share this year, according to FactSet.  Sales were seen around $3.17 billion.
Shares surged 38% after trading resumed.
First Solar ended 2012 with EPS of $4.90 and net sales of $3.37 billion.
First Solar held an analyst day in New York on Tuesday.

 P.S. I just took a play in FSLR....Will show the results at the end of the day!!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment